Peugeot has a strong presence and enjoys great popularity and success mainly in Europe and some other parts of the world. But the French manufacturer is relatively less well known down under compared to the likes of Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai and Ford.
So it is unsurprising that one of the most common question to that cross the minds of buyers new to Peugeot seems to be “Is Peugeot 3008 a reliable car?” This is especially since car other makers (most notably Toyota) have had a longstanding reputation for building solid and reliable cars.
In a recent Peugeot 3008 review we touched on the quality of the finish and a robust build quality of the French flagship SUV.
For those who are unfamiliar with Peugeot may not realise how well regarded the 3008 is around the world and how much pride and attention that Peugeot places in its design, construction, offering a comprehensive after sales program to reflect that and offer buyers greater peace of mind.
A multi-award winner
Since it was first launched in 2016 the Peugeot 3008 SUV has won around 70 international awards over 3 continents, and conducted by some of the world’s most respected industry and consumer motoring organisations. The major highlight would definitely be being named ‘European Car of the Year in 2017’ and awarded at the Geneva Motor Show.
More recently the Peugeot 3008 managed to snag an incredible fourth consecutive crown for the ‘Best Medium SUV’ category at the Carbuyer Best Car Awards 2020. This follow a string of other top industry accolades, including ‘New Car of the Year’ title at the Auto Trader Awards 2019, and ‘Best Mid-Sized SUV’ prize in the 2019 Driver Power Survey.
With such recognition by so many over so many years, one can’t help but acknowledge how appealing and well-built the Peugeot 3008 is.
Confidence in the quality
To further allay any doubts new customers may have, Peugeot developed the Peugeot Care Program to reassure buyers that the Peugeot 3008 was designed to give you many years of worry-free motoring. This means that as a Peugeot 3008 new car owner you will receive:
5 Year/Unlimited Kilometre Warranty
This warranty covers any repairs or replacements as a result of a manufacturing or material defect within the warranty period. The part will be repaired or replaced without charge by an authorised Peugeot dealer, regardless of any change of ownership of the vehicle during the period covered.
12 Year Anti-Corrosion Warranty
Peugeot backs its advanced technology and processes optimised to provide durable and long lasting protection from the elements. This is one of the longest body warranties available in the world today.
Free Peugeot Roadside Assistance cover that you can rely upon in the case of a breakdown or emergency. This includes 24-hour roadside assistance, vehicle recovery, technical advice, and is provided for the whole duration of the warranty period
The topic of car reliability and owner satisfaction and drivers can often be contentious, and unfortunately it is not uncommon to hear French or Italian makes attracting the most complaints. However this widely held belief has been disproven time and again, at least in the case of the Peugeot 3008.
The annual Driver Power study by Auto Express asks car owners to complete a survey and rank their vehicle across 31 categories, ranging from how well it drives to whether it has proven reliable. In 2018 the survey of more than 80,000 drivers of cars aged between one and two-years old revealed that the best new car to own was the Peugeot 3008, which achieved an overall satisfaction rating of 93.8%. The 3008 was widely praised by owners for its styling, driving experience, reliability, safety and running costs.
Fast forward to 2020 and once again the Peugeot has ranked extremely highly, placing second in the Best cars to own: Driver Power 2020 results, with an overall owner satisfaction rating of 92.04%, missing out on the top spot by a mere whisker of a 0.01% difference (the winner was the Kia Sorrento with an overall satisfaction rating of 92.05%).
Peugeot, as a brand, was also the winner of the JD Power UK Vehicle Dependability Study.
Most new Peugeot owners in a worldwide poll were satisfied with their purchase, and 9 out of 10 Peugeot 3008 owners from the UK would recommend a Peugeot to a friend.
Still going strong
Five years on from its debut and this striking SUV is still attracting new owners with its stylish design, both internally and externally, backed up with a great finish and solid build quality.
So don’t just take our word for it, listen to the experts and perhaps more importantly feedback from real owners that have recognised Peugeot 3008’s excellence over and over again. Perhaps it’s time to challenge any misconceptions or doubts you may have about being French made and give the 3008 a chance. Take it out for a test drive at Perth City Peugeot today and see for yourself what the fuss is all about.